banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Lover or Antiquity for neck position on alder strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Lover or Antiquity for neck position on alder strat?

I'm looking for a super fat, warm organic neck humbucker tone for the neck position on my alder hardtail strat w/ maple neck & fretboard. Mostly high gain, fuzzed out, very pushed sounds (like Blues Saraceno's neck position sounds on alot of his Dirty Boy pedal demos).

Which would be the better choice for this? Or am I splitting hairs at this point since they're both low output, unpotted A2 humbuckers?
    "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Re: Seth Lover or Antiquity for neck position on alder strat?

You would probably do better with the Seth but why not just go with his signature pup the PATB-3 Blues Saraceno?
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

That's really more of a bridge pickup isn't it?

It's a hardtail and a neck position that I'm trying to fill. I'm worried that since the pickup was designed more for trem equipped guitars, it'd end up sounding too muddy. Well, that and the PATB-3 would look ugly in this guitar
      "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Comment

Blues used it in both the bridge and neck positions. As for looks yes not everyone cares for it.
        Originally posted by KBliss
        WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
        Originally posted by trevorus
        The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Ant's are the warmer of the two. Seth's seem to have more fans here than Ant's.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I love both antiquities and seths, I think the ants are warmer on the top end

Comment

Working...
            X