banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jazzmaster Antiquity II & Pearly Gates good combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazzmaster Antiquity II & Pearly Gates good combo?

I recently picked up a Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster with the classic Jazzmaster neck pup and humbucker in the bridge. The stock neck pup sounds great, really like it, but the bridge humbucker & I don't get along and I would like to swap it out asap.

As I was searching humbuckers I came across the Antiquity II neck pickup and read a bunch of great reviews. So many in fact, that I ordered one tonight...but I still need to find a good humbucker to pair it up with. I love playing big clean open chords, and primarily focus on rhythm guitar. My favorite bands are Tom Petty, Stones, ZZ Top, and when I'm not covering Disney songs for my kids I love playing blues, classic rock etc.

Would a Pearly Gates make a good pair with the Antiquity II? Any other humbucker recommendations for a tonally balanced, yet versatile compliment that I should consider. Thanks for the help, and I appreciate your time.

Re: Jazzmaster Antiquity II & Pearly Gates good combo?

welcome to the forum!

ive never heard those two together but I do love a pearly gates in the bridge. it really does nail some bill gibbons tone with the right amp

Comment

Really like the idea of the Pearly Gates, but like you have never heard this combo of pickups and don't know how well they would work together.

Before I take a leap of faith I would love to hear your opinion. Would this pickup combo sound well together or should I go in a different direction?

Comment

I think it would make a good combination but I can't be sure. This is one of those times that you're probably quite grateful for SD's return policy.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
        X