Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help deciding on a Neck pickup.

Helo all,
    I asked this already but didn't get any responses so I'm hoping I will this time around.
    I have a 2013 Charvel San Dimas HS HT which has a Classic Stack single coil size pickup in the neck position. It has a JB in the bridge which is fantastic. I want to get a closer more matching pickup to the JB as I feel the Classic stack is to weak and Tele Strat Sounding. It's very bright and thin and weak. Not my cup of tea. I'm a metal player and want a warmer punchier more powerful neck position pickup. Kinda wish they made this guitar in a HH setup. So I was thinking of the Little 59 which is supposed to sound a lot like th Humbucker size model. The Cool rail also seems like a good choice but so does the Hot rail which I have in my jackson and like it.

So which pickup would you think would be more to my liking? The Classic stacks gots to go man.

Re: Need help deciding on a Neck pickup.

You know, of all the pickups that might fit what you are looking for, I would suggest the Dimarzio Fastrack 1. It is a bit darker, has more compression, and is better suited for metal players like yourself. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
    1998 Dean Select ML, Dean Bubinga ML, Dean Icon, Dean Custom 450, Luna Andromeda, DBZ Bolero, Guild Bluesbird, Gretsch G5420TG, 4 Strats, BC Rich Mockingbird Special, PMC/ Cort Archtop, Agile 7 string, 2 Custom Made, Walden D710, Dean Juggernaut Bass, Squier Classic 60's Jazz Bass, Sunn Alpha 212R, Genz-Benz El Diablo, Laney GH-100L, Crate Blue Voodoo, Univox 1051, 1987 Erich Phretchner Cello, Custom Built Electric Cello

Comment

Working...
    X