Wiring a 3 way toggle for Neck+Bridge series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a 3 way toggle for Neck+Bridge series

Hey guys, I'm rewiring a 3xSinglecoil strat and wanted to use a 3 way toggle switch to activate a bridge in series with the neck does anyone know where I can find a diagram for this? or explain how to wire it? Here is an image of the type of toggle I am using, with a 5-way switch
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3waytoggle.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	5833113
    god my neighbors must hate me

Re: Wiring a 3 way toggle for Neck+Bridge series

Alright I figure I'm the one asking for help, I should be the one to do the ow work I made this diagram to show how I THINK a 3way with B+N in series would work, with the down position of the switch to give me the bridge alone in parallel and I could use position 1 on the 5 way, and down on the 3 way to use B+N in parallel, Does this look right? any advice/help would be greatly appreciated Please Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	B+N series3way.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	5777660

Comment

Can someone please take just a moment to help me with this? the ground for the bridge connects to the hot for the neck to wire for them to be in series right? did I wire anything wrong here? is everything grounded okay? any help would be greatly appreciated, I have everything I need here..but I don't want to start until I know for sure the wiring is good...

Comment

I am afraid this doesn't work.
        In the middle position, you are combining together bridge negative with neck positive and, the output will be bridge's positive, when your 5-way is in bridge or bridge-middle positions. That's probably ok for what you wanted.
        BUT
        On one side, you are just linking bridge's negative to the input of the tone pot. What makes no sense. Your bridge pickup will be off, all the time.
        On the other side, switch does nothing. Same issue, your bridge pickup is off.

I would use a DPDT toggle switch for this and, probably the second serializer here:

Hermetico Guitar blog, about guitars, guitar amps, guitar pedal effects, guitar DYI and studio gear related to guitars. Tests, Demos, Info

Just imagine that each coil is one pickup. The white coil is your neck and the black coil is your bridge.
        Run hot1 to neck's tab in your 5-way.
        Run hot2 to bridge's tab in your 5-way.
        My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
        My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Working...
        X