Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader bridge users

First off, love this pickup. Love it.

Decided to play around today. I know I'm not the only one who has done this, cuz I remember seeing pictures online somewhere that someone else has done this waaay before me.

Anyway, I wanted to see if I could get a clearer sound with more cut, so I backed off the pickup and raised the pieces and that definitely helped. But I wanted to see how far I could go.

I took the hex pieces from a DeActivator and stuck em in my Invader.

I did the neck side, cuz in my head I thought it would be better to keep the Invader poles closer to the bridge to keep the thicker sounding coil there. Dunno.

Anyone done this? Or in reverse?

I won't get a chance to crank my amp until tomorrow sadly, but what an easy mod.

Click image for larger version

Name:	invader wide.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	5833126

Click image for larger version

Name:	invader with both pieces.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	5833127
    -IM

Re: Invader bridge users

which guitar is that?

Comment

Looks like an Ibanez Destroyer.

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
        which guitar is that?
        It's a 2002 Japanese Destroyer. I ****ing love it.
        -IM

Comment

I was gonna ask if it was one of the new ones they just released. I bought one of the new ones but in Metallic Red and man the thing is an absolute beast! Such an awesome recording instrument too, with so many sounds, thanks to the coil split feature and two volume knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-Max View Post
            I was gonna ask if it was one of the new ones they just released. I bought one of the new ones but in Metallic Red and man the thing is an absolute beast! Such an awesome recording instrument too, with so many sounds, thanks to the coil split feature and two volume knobs.
            Yes a beast indeed! Mine actually didn't come wired to split, but I added it myself.

Yes crazy versatile instrument with a buttery neck.

Did yours come with a Tone Zone and Air Norton?
            -IM

Comment

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
              Yes a beast indeed! Mine actually didn't come wired to split, but I added it myself.

Yes crazy versatile instrument with a buttery neck.

Did yours come with a Tone Zone and Air Norton?
              It did in fact come with a Tone Zone and Air Norton. I didn't like that pickup combo at first but they've started to grow on me a bit, so I've decided to keep using them. Plus the double cream bobbins look sweet with the Cream pickup rings and the binding. The Air Norton is Gold Plated though, which adds a nice classic touch.

Comment

It did in fact come with a Tone Zone and Air Norton. I didn't like that pickup combo at first but they've started to grow on me a bit, so I've decided to keep using them. Plus the double cream bobbins look sweet with the Cream pickup rings and the binding. The Air Norton is Gold Plated though, which adds a nice classic touch.
                Nice. Down the line I'll prolly add a double cream Super D in the bridge. But that's not soon. Im loving this Invader
                -IM

Comment

Nice. Down the line I'll prolly add a double cream Super D in the bridge. But that's not soon. Im loving this Invader
                  Have you tried the Invader in other guitars other than this one? And also, how are the cleans? I've heard that they aren't so great, but one of my guitars has an EMG 81 in the bridge, which is said to give awful clean tones, but I get compliments all the time about the clean tone I have, even with the EMG (Mostly because of my amp).

Comment

Have you tried the Invader in other guitars other than this one? And also, how are the cleans? I've heard that they aren't so great, but one of my guitars has an EMG 81 in the bridge, which is said to give awful clean tones, but I get compliments all the time about the clean tone I have, even with the EMG (Mostly because of my amp).
                    I havebut have not spent lots of time with it. This is the first Invader I have owned.

The cleans are fine. Compressed for sure. I honestly don't care though, 98% of the time I play my neck for clean.

What amp are you playing?
                    -IM

Comment

I havebut have not spent lots of time with it. This is the first Invader I have owned.

The cleans are fine. Compressed for sure. I honestly don't care though, 98% of the time I play my neck for clean.

What amp are you playing?
                      I honestly like a little compression on my cleans so then that way when I get a tad bit more expressive with my playing, it's not too overbearing dynamically.

I play a Mesa Mark V

Comment

Working...
                      X