Pickup for 12 string tele bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup for 12 string tele bridge

I am open across brands. I have a hollow ash body tele. I have a 12 string neck on the way, and I have the bridge.

Honestly, I have never owned a 12 string electric. Any thoughts? I am considering trying a Wilde pickup.

Re: Pickup for 12 string tele bridge

Blades or rails would give even string coverage. If there was such a thing as a cool rails tele bridge I think that would be a good choice. Otherwise the Jerry Donahue model would be a good choice also.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
      Blades or rails would give even string coverage. If there was such a thing as a cool rails tele bridge I think that would be a good choice. Otherwise the Jerry Donahue model would be a good choice also.
      Wilde l48 tl for tele bridge seems to be a similar option to a cool rails in that regard. L45s are kind of hi-fi and they are similar. I don't think this guitar will get used with heavy drive...

Comment

Bill Lawrence pickups are great because they are very transparent, resonant and precise. The only downside to BL pickups is that they are bright and if the guitar doesn't sound good acoustically they don't do the guitar any favors. If I had a 12 string I would want a balanced, precise and uncolored pickup because 12 strings can sometimes be a wash of overtones.

Comment

Working...
        X