banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telecaster Custom 72 pickup help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecaster Custom 72 pickup help needed.

Hi everyone,
    I have picked up a Fender Telecaster 72 Custom MiM, and while I do love how the guitar plays, I feel the pick ups just aren't up to par. I plan on using a Seymour Duncan STHR-1B Hotrail in the bridge, however what would pair well with this as I would like a humbucker for the neck.

I play Pop/Funk/Metal through a Orange Dual Terror

Thanks

David

Re: Telecaster Custom 72 pickup help needed.

Have you checked out the 59? It's got a nice fat sound.

Comment

No I was unsure about the 59, but thanks for pointing it out to me. How do you think that would compare to the JB or Distortion models?

Comment

I'd look at a P-Rail since it would look really cool with a hot rail in the bridge and be really versatile.
        Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Thank you for showing me that pup, It does look as if it would match quite well

Comment

I wonder if the P-Rail would have enough output to match well with the HR. I don't think they make a neck JB. You could probably get a distortion but it might be too ice-picky with a maple fret board. Have you looked at the Perpetual Burn? It's new put I've heard a lot of good things. The Full Shred and Screamin Demon are also popular neck pickups but again, might be a little bright.

Comment

the prail will match the output of the hot rail just fine. the distortion neck is not ice picky at all. I don't think the demon would be overly bright in the neck either, its meant as a bridge pup.

Comment

These are all great suggestions, I think if the p rail does match the hot rail fine then that would be my best option, maybe wire it was a push/push pot to allow it to go from humbucker to single coil?

Comment

the best option is to get a triple shot ring for it to get all the possibilities but you a push pull (or two) is a good way to go If you don't want to use a ring

Comment

Ah, I thought it might be over bright because of the maple board and alder body. But I stand corrected.

Comment

I'd be worried that the hotrail might be underpowered compared to the p-rail in series - but you could always use it in parallel.

Comment

Working...
                      X