banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

59/Custom8 vs Custom8 - Any Experiences with Both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59/Custom8 vs Custom8 - Any Experiences with Both?

...For classic to hard rock ala Stones, Zepplin, Crowes, GNR, Foo Fighters, COC, etc., through a modded Marshall?

Cheers!

Re: 59/Custom8 vs Custom8 - Any Experiences with Both?

I'm using a 59/C8 right now after using a couple of C8's and FS8's in the past. The C8 is fatter with more output. I can't elaborate much more, because i havent used it in a while.
    Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

I have the 59/c8 and it rocks. very versatile and it feels very easy to play for lack of a better word.

Comment

Cool. ...I have both the Custom and 59/Custom and an A8. The pickup is going in an HSS wit 500K volume. Since I play a high gain head, I don't necessarily need a "high-gain" pickup, but rather something that will have that PAF'ish vibe and rock pretty hard with occasional chugging.

Any more thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
          Cool. ...I have both the Custom and 59/Custom and an A8. The pickup is going in an HSS wit 500K volume. Since I play a high gain head, I don't necessarily need a "high-gain" pickup, but rather something that will have that PAF'ish vibe and rock pretty hard with occasional chugging.

Any more thoughts?
          Try it flipped both ways too. I'm running it flipped, because it's routed pretty far from the bridge on this guitar.
          Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Both are awesome. And both will do what you want. Get 2 A8's and A/B test em
            -IM

Comment

Working...
            X