Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring push/pull to turn of Neck pick up

Hi all,

I have a PRS and am installing a triple shot on both Neck and Bridge pickups. 1 Tone with push/pull, a volume and a 3 way toggle. Currently the pushpull is use to split the coils, but with the triple shot that is not neccesary anymore.
    I want to use the push/pull know as an on/off switch for the neck pick up in order to use the 3 way toggle switch as a kill switch (on bridge pickup). I used the complete wiring scheme I've drawn out, based on what I've seen in the guitar as the PRS wiring. I will be leaving the basics there and just remove and replace the pick up wires.

Both pickups are on when the knob is down, and when the knob is up, only the bridge pick up is on. the first diagram is from PRS themselves, and how my guitar wiring is and the 2nd diagram is my suggestion with in the red box the other option. Which one should I use?
    I can imagine in my diagram that when the push/pull is up, the current in the hot wire must go somewhere. The "red box" option would be that the hot wire turns into a ground wire, I don't know if that is even possible?
    Any other suggestions are welcome!
    Thank you
    Click image for larger version

Name:	prs01.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	5833182
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rewiring prs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	5833183