Stag mag wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stag mag wiring

Since the stag mags aren't meant for neck position, how would I wire for coil splitting to have the coil closest to the neck on in single coil mode? Switch the black with the red wire? Thanks!

Re: Stag mag wiring

Originally posted by march500 View Post
    Since the stag mags aren't meant for neck position, how would I wire for coil splitting to have the coil closest to the neck on in single coil mode? Switch the black with the red wire? Thanks!
    I have a The Mag in the neck of a Les Paul. And i tell you there is no really audible difference between the positions and both coils are indentical, too. All in all it really doesn't matter. But be sure to have a clear distance to the strings especially the wound strings. The wobbling sound with a slight distortion effect is called stratitis and happens when the magnetic field influences the free vibration of strings.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I will tell you, since I just wired 2 of these with triple shots in a 3 humbucker Les Paul, that the bobbin with the logo is not the same as the logo side of a standard duncan humbucker. So if the screw coils of a regular humbucker are North than the non logo side of the Stag Mag is North. That make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by audiocheck View Post
        I will tell you, since I just wired 2 of these with triple shots in a 3 humbucker Les Paul, that the bobbin with the logo is not the same as the logo side of a standard duncan humbucker. So if the screw coils of a regular humbucker are North than the non logo side of the Stag Mag is North. That make sense?
        So if I wire as per the Seymour Duncan diagrams the no logo side is the "on" side when switched to single coil mode? I already have them wired up following the diagrams in a tele deluxe and I'm happy but really I was curious if it was worth exploring the sounds I'd get out of the other coils. Thanks!

Comment

So if I wire as per the Seymour Duncan diagrams the no logo side is the "on" side when switched to single coil mode?
          No it would be the logo side.

Comment

So if I wire as per the Seymour Duncan diagrams the no logo side is the "on" side when switched to single coil mode? I already have them wired up following the diagrams in a tele deluxe and I'm happy but really I was curious if it was worth exploring the sounds I'd get out of the other coils. Thanks!
            So if you wire up the neck StagMag as Red = Hot (Green-Black tied together) White = ground, then your StagMags would be in phase as humbuckers and when split you would have both outside coils on and RWRP. So in middle position and split you will have noise canceling.

Comment

Originally posted by audiocheck View Post
              So if you wire up the neck StagMag as Red = Hot (Green-Black tied together) White = ground, then your StagMags would be in phase as humbuckers and when split you would have both outside coils on and RWRP. So in middle position and split you will have noise canceling.
              Thanks for your help. I'll give that a try next time I put new strings on.

Comment

Working...
              X