Little '59 Bridge Pup in Esquire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little '59 Bridge Pup in Esquire

New on forum and wanted to ask the experts about putting a Little '59 bridge in an Esquire. Anyone have any experience with this combo? Also, would it be possible to wire it up using a 4 way switch, cocked wah controller with 250 pots, and still use the Esquire sound positions with the fourth being a straight 'bucker?

Re: Little '59 Bridge Pup in Esquire

I don't know much about the switching but I do have a Little 59 in a tele. It has a nice fat sound that's good for hard rock/blues type music. Splits well too. Here's a 3-way Esquire/HB diagram that might help a little bit. You could wire it up with a 4 way switch but I don't know about the other options you would want.

Comment

I don't know how different a Strat based lil 59 sounds, but I had a similar experience to TNTales above with a Srat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluz56 View Post
        New on forum and wanted to ask the experts about putting a Little '59 bridge in an Esquire. Anyone have any experience with this combo? Also, would it be possible to wire it up using a 4 way switch, cocked wah controller with 250 pots, and still use the Esquire sound positions with the fourth being a straight 'bucker?
        You say you want the fourth position to be straight humbucker, would that mean you want to bypass the volume as well?

Comment

Not sure what wiring would work best. Was thinking about one position being the typical esquire volume/ no tone, volume/tone, cocked way and humbucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It would be full power humbucker by default in all positions, unless you were to do split or parallel wiring instead.

If it were up to me, I'd just keep the stock wiring as it is, and put in a push/pot in either the tone or volume spot, and make it so that when you pull up on the knob the the humbucker goes into parallel mode, which is like a single coil-ish sound that still noise cancels. You could pretty much have your cake an eat it too. You simply put this bit or wiring in between the pickup and the selector switch:

Comment

Want typical Esquire, forget about humbuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by vinta9e View Post
                Want typical Esquire, forget about humbuckers.
                What about Stag Mag instead?
                Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

Working...
                X