What pickup would best match a Dimarzio Liquifer in the neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pickup would best match a Dimarzio Liquifer in the neck

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to this forum so if I accidentally violate a code like no posting by rooks, forgive me. Okay I have a Kramer Baretta that I gutted and I'm thinking about putting a Dimarzio Liquifire in the neck but not sure what to put in the bridge. I was thinking of the Duncan Custom or Screamin' Demon which I have in my esp, that matched really nice with my air norton. My style is a little blend of Lynch/EVH and Hendrix thrown because well... it's Hendrix.
    Thanks!

Re: What pickup would best match a Dimarzio Liquifer in the neck

Don't they sell the Crunchlab and the Liquifire together as a set, might be worth a shot..... If you like the Custom maybe try the Custom/59 or if you're looking for semi shred tones maybe try the Perpetual burn...

Comment

Custom should work well, or the crunch lab. I think the Perpetual burn might be a little underpowered?... maybe...

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

I have an AT-1 matched up with a LiquiFire and its a good match for my purposes.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, the AT-1 would be a good choice if you like the sound of it.

Comment

The Liquifire would actually overpower the Screamin' Demon. You could try the Demon in the neck and the Liquifire in the bridge (depending on pickup spacing.)

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                The Liquifire would actually overpower the Screamin' Demon. You could try the Demon in the neck and the Liquifire in the bridge (depending on pickup spacing.)
                Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Now I'm thinking custom custom in the bridge. I want the neck humbucker to be smooth and articulate. I'm not gonna be coil tapping, it's bridge or neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Roguemonk View Post
                  Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Now I'm thinking custom custom in the bridge. I want the neck humbucker to be smooth and articulate. I'm not gonna be coil tapping, it's bridge or neck.
                  I have played a Liquifire with a Custom, a C8, and Invader. It's great with all of them, and also splits REALLY well.
                  -IM

Comment

Working...
                  X