Please help to choose the 2nd humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help to choose the 2nd humbucker

Ok first of all sorry I'm just a total h.b. noob, I only know the difference between a single and a h.b. =) (h.b. means humbucker of course)

Today I bought a 2nd hand Ibanez with 2 humbuckers. One of them (which is close to the bridge) was replaced - instead of the standard Ibanez h.b. there was a Seymour Duncan h.b., I believe, some of the AHB series (just googled the photos). So I'd like to buy the 2nd one and replace the old h.b. near the neck.

But I don't know the exact model of the Seymour humbucker I currently have. Is it possible to find it out without demounting the guitar back panel? Don't want to put my noob fingers there without a real need. Maybe measuring the exact visible size would help?

And the 2nd question - how to find it out which h.b. I need to buy? From short googling I realized they should be paired, so if I have, say, model A-bridge then I need model A-neck, if I have model B-bridge then I want to get model B-neck. Or it doesn't matter?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Please help to choose the 2nd humbucker

The only way I know for sure to find out which pickup it is is to look on the underside where's there will be a sta!p or sticker. Second you don't have to have a matched set. A lot of HBs are only bridge models (like the JB). Since the AHB is active, it may have solderless swapping like EMGs where you can just slip the wires in place. Someone else will have to be more specific about installation as I don't have a set of active pups.

Comment

Working...
    X