wiring & pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring & pots

Recently had a Seth Lovers installed in neck position of my Ibanez AG-75, much happier now. The guy who did the job was surprised to see that the input terminal on volume pot was in the middle and not on the side of pot which is the usual place. Can this be right? Only one thing worrying me is thet in middle position (both pickups) the sound isīt very nice, I wonder if mixing the allnico ii (neck) and the ceramic in bridge isnīt a good combination. Could this be affecting sound or producing some sort of ouy of phase ? thanx.

Re: wiring & pots

Originally posted by Ruskin View Post
    Recently had a Seth Lovers installed in neck position of my Ibanez AG-75, much happier now. The guy who did the job was surprised to see that the input terminal on volume pot was in the middle and not on the side of pot which is the usual place. Can this be right?
    It works, but the volume tapper would be non-standard, probably not becoming as quiet until you reach the bottom of the sweep. One cool thing about doing that is you don't put any resistance between the output and the pickups as you turn down the volume, so you would retain more brightness at mid volume than if you had it wired standard. It would be like a more dramatic version of 50's wiring.

Comment

Working...
    X