X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: CS content

Expecting a few new models to arrive by Friday

JB/Jazz concept set
    Going in to a guitar that still has the original 80s JBJ and JNJ. And no, I'm not selling the original pickups.

S-Deco neck with A4
    Like the S-Deco bridge A2 a lot in the MIJ Charvel San Dimas with titanium saddles and titanium block. This neck model will go in the same guitar

Full Shred custom
    Going in to a Blaze Shredder with the classic lightning storm graphic. Can't think of anything better for the guitar the NightSwan was based on than a new MJ-made Full Shred and an old JBJ I already have sitting around.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Re: NPD: CS content

Nice!
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Looks like UPS won't get them here until Monday. Which is good, as I have more time next week to tinker with some installs.

Comment

Shipment arrived yesterday.

Got the S-Deco A4 neck installed and am giving it the rounds.

The concept set will be installed in a day or so. Going to give that guitar a total re-wire.

The custom FS did not make it. It apparently vanished somewhere between the CS and the shipping dept. Things that make you go 'hmmmmmmm'. But I was billed for it, so at least they can keep the lights on this month. [emoji6]

Sent from my armored space station via iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

got the Concept Set installed and threw about 1/2-hour at them so far.

put them in an old 80s Kramer Sambora model. this still had the original wiring and original pickups (JBJ in bridge and middle and Jazz in the neck). the bridge and middle were wired to split. I totally replaced all the wiring and changed it around so that the middle and neck will split...no splitting. I left the original JBJ and put the Concept set in there. no telling what wood this guitar is... probably poplar with a chance of alder and a very slim chance of maple.

liking the bridge pup a lot. plenty to work with. MJ does things with an A2 magnet that I just don't find in the production models. they still have plenty of cut and bite. I like the Éclair neck a little better than the Concept neck, but after trying it for a while I might swap the A5 in the neck for an A4.

the Concept bridge reads at about 17.55k in series and 4.34k in parallel. the north and south coils are right down the middle when split. the Concept neck is 7.73k in series and 1.91k in parallel and also right down the middle when split.

the S-Deco A4 neck is 11.12k in series, 5.35k split north, 5.68k split south, and 2.75k in parallel.

Comment

What is this concept thing?

How is this different technically AND practically from the JB-Jazz in there ????
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I think the concept set has the A2 and the A5 swapped, so it's A2 in the bridge and A5 in the neck? (At least that's what the custom site said last I looked)

Comment

The concept JB/Jazz set . A2 in bridge. A5 in neck.

Can say much about the construction. It's not like Seymour or MJ is going to tell us all what kind of wire and the geometry of the wind and all that. [emoji6] I think the bridge definitely has a different tone. It sets in the mix a little better, instead of trying to sit up on top of it. Not as much of a neck voicing aficionado, so I'd only do a disservice by trying to compare the concept Jazz neck to the 80s production or the current production models.

Supposedly, it's modeled after the JB and Jazz being made back in the day before they became the big production models that we all known them as.

Aceman, I can see you digging it in your Lester.

Comment

Would the Concept set be what might have been wound for Jeff Beck back in the day?
                  Originally posted by KBliss
                  WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                  Originally posted by trevorus
                  The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I think that's what the description on the website suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                      Would the Concept set be what might have been wound for Jeff Beck back in the day?
                      Yes exactly.
                      The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop has been creating custom guitar pickups since 1976. If you dream it, we can build it.

Comment

Working...
                      X