No announcement yet.

Pickup mount wing repair help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickup mount wing repair help please...

Originally posted by revolution View Post
    I'm really inspired by everyone's comments...thank you all! Instead of soldering metal and risking heating up wax or removing the baseplate, would using plastic or wood and crazy glue work ok? I know metal to metal doesn't do well with crazy glue, but Plastic and wood are both great with crazy glue. A rough version would be to make a wood L-Clamp looking device out of a popsicle stick, crazy gluing it to both the base and the broken piece. A refined version would be to use one piece that has been cut to form the "L" ...has anyone ever done this to success or failure? Just curious before I begin this endeavor. Shipping it out for a 20.00 replacement is probably the way to go, as I don't want to put heat to the pickup and risk melting wax or worse.
    If you don't want to solder take a piece of metal and scab it on with some JB weld or similar metal epoxy. Scuff up where you are going to expoxy with a bit of sandpaper, expoy, clamp, done.

Side view picture included. Between the red circles is where you would epoxy. Blue piece is your metal scab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PU repair.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	5779717

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
      If you don't want to solder take a piece of metal and scab it on with some JB weld or similar metal epoxy. Scuff up where you are going to expoxy with a bit of sandpaper, expoy, clamp, done.

Side view picture included. Between the red circles is where you would epoxy. Blue piece is your metal scab.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55096[/ATTACH]
      Perfect! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55096[/ATTACH]
        This is what I had in mind too.
        sigpic
        Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
        JFG Flying V,
        "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
        John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Working...
        X