banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Custom in a Strat? What are you using with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Custom in a Strat? What are you using with it?

Who uses a Custom Custom in a Strat?

I have a Custom Custom and a PATB-8 just sitting around waiting for a new home.
    I have an American Deluxe Strat on the way. I never liked the Atomic humbucker, so I'll swap it for one of my Duncans.
    The other pickups in the Strat are N3's. I'm hoping that I will really like them, but if not.......what do you guys recommend for an all around Strat that is versatile enough to not be shoved into any categories.

I play rock, metal, blues, etc. through a Mesa Roadking.

Strat:
    alder body, rosewood fretboard, 2 point trem, HSS with S-1 and Fast Lane switches

Re: Custom Custom in a Strat? What are you using with it?

I use a PGb in the neck but my strat is a HSH set up. The PGb is bright but not thin.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I had a CC in the bridge and a cool rails in the neck of my chervil san dimas RI. Loved that combo
      2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
      Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
      Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

I've had a CC in my 335 style, and my Strat style guitar for years! I use it for all sorts of stuff - paired with a Seth Lover for a while. A bit of a mismatch tonally, but not entirely so. I could see something a little warmer being a better pair.

I saw the other day that Dime used a 59b as a neck pickup. It's not a bad idea actually, I'd think, though I haven't tried it.

An A2P bridge model would have a little more output and lower resonant peak than the comparative neck models (and the Seth Lover neck pickup that I'm used to hearing it next to), but it will still have an A2 mag like the CC. Might be worth considering?

Comment

Working...
        X