Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turned bridge pup 180, radiused slugs, used screws for mid/low fine tune

Title says it all,
    Decided to act on info from many threads I've read. Rotated my bridge Seth A5 180 degrees, took the slug bobbin out, left both E's alone, raised A, D, G, B, slugs to match my string radius. Made sure the slug bobbin was back nice and tight, Kept screw level on the high E, Raised screws on B,G, half as much as slug, left D even, lowered A a few turns, lowered boottom E as far as I could. It changed everything.
    The volume after the attack stays a bit longer, and the attack and sound in general have a kind of pleasing, yet loud and hard "slicing" (sorry,lost for word) sound. My B,G now have the elusive mids that I have eternally *****ed about. And my low strings, being kinda heavy for me at 36,46, with the neck side screws far away and the slug close to the bridge get a really nice BIG treble sound, without, thank god, any boominess to it.
    I love the change. It does not seem subtle, it really made a big difference. So all of you forum folks deserve a shout out of thanks from me, I would not have done it w/out the info I have gleaned from this forum. You know who you are. So thank you,
    Steve Buffington
Working...
X