banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly Gibson question...Decibal boost....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Gibson question...Decibal boost....

Just curious if anyone out there has one of the Gibbys with the onboard boost and upgraded their pickups....I'm probably going to be buying an Inverness Green Les Paul here soon that has the boost but was going to yank the stock pups and put in a Dirty Fingers bridge and a Pearly Gates neck....I'd imagine it would be similar to running higher output pups with the emg boosters...

Re: Silly Gibson question...Decibal boost....

Do the boards have any trim pots on them? If they do you might be able to adjust the input to the preamp.

Comment

It of course uses the circuit board and molex connecters. There is a trim pot.

The boost works well in single coil mode, but I found it too trebley in humbucker mode. I eventually disconnected the battery box as it was a PITA messing around with different pickups. A good pedal is far far better, and easier to use while playing. YMMV.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

My suggestion,

If you are set on swapping both Pups, loose the circuit board and replace all pots with traditional wiring. in the long run, it will make any future work or pup changes easier.

but I am a traditionalist, been playing Les Pauls since '79, so don't go by me!

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas!

Comment

Working...
          X