banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capacitor ohm value for active humbuckers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacitor ohm value for active humbuckers?

I got the crème de la crème en routè to la casa B) another EMG 89 for mah jackson kelly BAM!! but before I start ripping my babys heart out I want to make sure I have everything, and I think the only caps I have lying around are a 0.47uF orange drop, and a new old stock 0.22uF USSR paper in oil and a bunch of those little red ones I've ripped out of MIM strats o_O but I don't know what is good on active EMGs or if I even need one at all. What would you guys use? Or could I use caps only when in single coil mode? so many decisions.. I have 1 tone 1 vol and a 3 way selector, I want the pushpull tone to coil tap whichever pickup is selected or to both when the 3 way is in the middle only problem is they either both have to be single, or humbucking, but im okay with that. Im on the hunt for a diagram now if anyone has one readily available please post it! I almost forgot to mention the vol. can be on a push pull also if it would help me make a more practical schematic otherwise I'm just going to put it on a regular 500k
    Last edited by WhoGivesAPluck; 06-21-2014, 10:14 AM.
    god my neighbors must hate me

Re: Capacitor ohm value for active humbuckers?

Try em out. You'll be able to tell better than us what sounds good to your ears.

Comment

Re: Capacitor ohm value for active humbuckers?

All Active p'up sets get sold with .1 caps.

The pot value used for both Tone and Volume is 25k Audio taper. And being active, all the characteristics about PIO caps just don't apply.

HTH,

Comment

Working...
      X