banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any differences in the TB series pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any differences in the TB series pickups?

Hello all,
    I was wondering if the TB Zebra is the same pickup as the TB4 but with a Black and white well off white color scheme? Is there anything else that is changed?

Re: Is there any differences in the TB series pickups?

TB means trembucker. It has nothing to do with a series and everything to do with the width of the pole spacing.

Comment

The "TB series", as you call it, is a trem-spaced or Fspaced sizing of normal Duncans...A TB4 isnt TheTrembucker, its a tremspaced JB.

Trem spacing is especially relevant for the wider spaced old style Fender bridges, theyre like a further 0.25" wider string spacing than MIM & nonjapanese squiers. There, its either slantmount or trembucker for bridge position, for sure.
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Thanks for the Info,
        Why I'm asking is I have a San Dimas HS Hard Tail and it has a TB4 in the bridge position but it's black and off white. I was wondering if they make a color change kit or I could just swap the pickup out with a all black TB4. I believe the pickup correct name I'm referring to is the JB TB4.

Comment

JB TB4 is semi-redundant. The JB is the TB4. And the SH4.

But to directly answer your question and stop kicking you in the nuts over the fine details, Duncan does not make a "color change kit" for anything. The colors you see on the bobbins is the bobbin color, not a removable cover. If you want double-black, you'll want an entirely new pickup. Or some paint.
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
            JB TB4 is semi-redundant. The JB is the TB4. And the SH4.

But to directly answer your question and stop kicking you in the nuts over the fine details, Duncan does not make a "color change kit" for anything. The colors you see on the bobbins is the bobbin color, not a removable cover. If you want double-black, you'll want an entirely new pickup. Or some paint.
            Well it's why I ask because I really didn't know. So if you feel the need to kick then kick my man. I just wanted to know the few things I asked and now I know.
            I'm gonna buy a new pickup in all black as I'm sick of the zebra look, it's retarded IMO

Comment

Zebra has a certain vibe to it that some people aren't fans of. I'd rather have a brushed nickel cover, or one of those covers that dimarzio puts on their pickups.

off u see did MRSAge, I m on tapa talk and auto correct is hating on me
              Originally posted by Funkfingers
              Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Don't much care what a pickup looks like as long as it sounds baddass.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  Don't much care what a pickup looks like as long as it sounds baddass.
                  Thats like saying you don't care how a guitar looks as long as it sounds badass. To each his own I say. I prefer badass sound first and looks to go with it. I just don't like the zebra pickup it doesn't match anything else on my guitar.

Comment

What do you have? A San Dimas Style 1? Such a kickass guitar.

I'm looking at it and the Zebra looks pretty awesome. Matches the headstock and rosewood fretboard in my opinion.

I would keep it as is, but if you're really anal about it, you might be able to find some aftermarket black chrome trembucker covers.
                    AccountKiller

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                      Thats like saying you don't care how a guitar looks as long as it sounds badass. To each his own I say. I prefer badass sound first and looks to go with it. I just don't like the zebra pickup it doesn't match anything else on my guitar.
                      That is pretty much my attitude. I have some aesthetic preferences I suppose, but I really don't much care about bobbin color on pickups. I tend not to like covered pickups because I don't like what the covers do to the sound. Never understood much the appeal of the Telecaster shape either as far as looks go. I'd almost like to have a guitar like Les Paul's original "log".

Comment

It's your guitar, do what you want to it!
                        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S. View Post
                          It's your guitar, do what you want to it!
                          Buy two black bobbin toppers and you are in the mood...cheaper too

I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
                          X