Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screaming demon neck position ?

Hey Guys,

I am going to put a screaming demon in the neck position of my PRS Mccarty. Am I suppose to flip it upside down so the screws are towards the bridge? Does it matter? Will it be out of phase in the middle position if I leave the screws towards the bridge?

Thanks in advance,

Re: screaming demon neck position ?

Welcome to the forum.

Nope it doesn't matter you can have em either way.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Great! Thank you for the quick response.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

The SD is a fantastic pup in the neck position.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Obviously your question has been answered, but do tell your experience with it. I highly suggest wiring it to split.
          -IM

Comment

Put it in normal way with the logo right side up and if you really want to geek out with it you can swap the different pole pieces around. I had the same question and actually called seymour duncan to see what they thought about it. Because the screamin demon's design uses different sized pole pieces you can shape the tone a little bit according to them by swapping the position of the hex/flat head screws. The holes are tapped the same size so just put the pup in logo ride side up and feel free to tweek away. The tone differences will probably be subtle but according to them the position of the different poles will shape tone differently.

Comment

Thanks guys,

I just received a chrome cover for it so I think I am going to try and move the pole pieces and solder the cover on so it looks normal with the screws facing the neck. lol Hopefully I will get to it this weekend and I will try and post some sound clips.

Thanks again,

Comment

Cover should be cool, I put mine logo the right way, hexes to the neck, sounds awesome and looks cool too!
                Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
                Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
                Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
                Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Working...
                X