banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strat Wiring Question.....500K Volume Pot with STK-S7 & STK-S4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat Wiring Question.....500K Volume Pot with STK-S7 & STK-S4?

I am re-wiring my Strat. It is a 2013 American Deluxe with HSS pickgaurd.
    It has S-1 and Fast Lane button.
    I like the humbucker for the most part, but it's not fantastic. The N3 pickups are super low output (for me anyway), and just don't have much Strat-like tone.
    I'm thinking that new pickups will get me closer to a good all around rock guitar. Plus, they will make the output of the guitar a little higher so that I don't have to always adjust my amp when changing guitars.

My new pickups will be:
    STK-S7 - Neck
    STK-S4N - Middle
    PATB-1 w/alnico 8 magnet in the bridge

I was following this drawing: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...tks4_1v_2t_s5w
    But, I am unsure about the volume pot being 250K with the Parallel Axis.

I ended up with:
    500K volume
    250K tone for neck (would like to do neck and middle on same tone pot but I'm not sure how to do it) w/.033 cap
    500K tone for bridge w/.047 cap

How do you guys think the STK's will act with 500K pots? Will they be too shrill?
    Should I be thinking about a 250K volume and maybe no tone pot for the bridge to keep it lively but to tame the neck and middle?

Also, how would I wire up the middle tone pot so that it works with the neck and middle pickups?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Monsta-Tone; 06-24-2014, 11:02 AM.

Re: Strat Wiring Question.....500K Volume Pot with STK-S7 & STK-S4?

On the pot side of the selector switch connect a wire to the 3rd and 4th lugs to make the tone pot effect both neck and mid. Or connect it to the 2nd and third to effect bridge and mid etc.
    god my neighbors must hate me

Comment

Re: Strat Wiring Question.....500K Volume Pot with STK-S7 & STK-S4?

Thanks!
      I think after sleeping on it, that I will keep the original pickgaurd (HSS with S-1 and Fast Lane button).

Just have to figure out how to wire in the new pickups

Comment

Working...
      X