SC sized shred neck pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC sized shred neck pickup

I'm looking for a neck pickup to pair with a FRED in a MIJ jackson with a hardtail tele-stylebridge and a dmz Fred. Bodywood is unknown, but it's very light so I'd wager it's basswood, maple/rosewood neck.

The guitar doesn't have a neck pickup now so I don't have anything to compare to regarding to what I want or do not.

I'd like the pickup to be hot and fluid yet quite open sounding. I'd like the pickup to be balanced, especially not boomy, mids and highs are prefered. Maybe a thicker and hotter classic YJM neck tome.

Any recommendations?
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Re: SC sized shred neck pickup

Dimarzio now has the Satch Track for the neck. Otherwise the JB Jr and Little Screamin Demon are good neck shredders.

Comment

I am absolutely loving my Duncan Classic Stack plus in the neck of my shredder. I use it for a lot of fluid lead passages, but it's an awesome grungy, alternative rhythm pickup as well.

But if you want a warm and thick humbucker-sounding single-coil sized pickup, you should go Satch Track.

I've found the Pro Track is way too dark and muddy to be used in the neck.

I am selling my Dimarzio Chopper which Satch used a lot in Chickenfoot on his JS2400. I'll be listing it in the trade section for real cheap, but PM me if you're interested. Ron Thal (bumblefoot) also uses a Chopper in conjunction with his Tone Zone.
      AccountKiller

Comment

Consider the Air Norton S, its a really full tone for the neck position

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep your suggestions in mind when I look at what's for sale used around here.
          There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Originally posted by 9unslin9er View Post
            I am selling my Dimarzio Chopper which Satch used a lot in Chickenfoot on his JS2400. I'll be listing it in the trade section for real cheap, but PM me if you're interested. Ron Thal (bumblefoot) also uses a Chopper in conjunction with his Tone Zone.
            Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid that the shipping would cost more than the pickup.

Comment

Hot Rails, STK-S4, or YJM STK-S10. Gotta love Yngwie!

Comment

+1 Look to the King, the Maestro Malmsteen! YJM Fury
                Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
                Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
                Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
                Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Working...
                X