Replacement bridge pickup for Vintage Modified Jazzmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement bridge pickup for Vintage Modified Jazzmaster

To make a long story short: I was swapping out the stock pickup covers (white Duncan Designed) in my VM Jazzmaster for Fender Aged White ones. Much to my surprise the Duncan Designed ones come glued to the pickups....? I got the neck pup cover off fine but I ended up damaging the bridge pickup windings in the process. The pickup is shot.

Stock VM Jazzmaster Pickups:

Neck: JM-101N
    Bridge: JM-101B

I need to replace the bridge pickup regardless but I like the way the neck pickup sounds. The Stock bridge pup was a little too bright and shrill for my personal taste. My question is if there is another bridge pup I could use instead of the JM-101B that has just a little mellower sound and won't have a noticable difference in output?

I'd rather not replace both if I don't have to being that I like the neck pup. I tried looking into this myself but I can find very little info on the JM-101's, All I know is that they have Alnico V magnets.

Can anybody help me on this?

Re: Replacement bridge pickup for Vintage Modified Jazzmaster

Says it's new, but looks like there's almost no lead on there.

Comment

Re: Replacement bridge pickup for Vintage Modified Jazzmaster

Thanks, but I would like to find something a little mellower if possible, I just don't know what would work with the JM-101N neck pickup.

Comment

Working...
      X