sg stadard for slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sg stadard for slide

so yeah. ive just ordered an sg standard which i will be using exclusively for slide. It has the gibson 490r/498t combo.
    im gonna play it for a few weeks and see how the gibson pups go ....any experience with them would be welcomed.

i also have a 59n(a2) and a PGb in my house which i might try if i don't like the gibsons.

However, i'm kinda wondering about a cc in the bridge to complement an a259 in the neck.
    Thoughts?
    i don't want it to be as hot as a JB and im guessing that the pg might be a little thin in the low end for an SG.
    Thick and warm would be a good thing.
    This stuff is all conjecture until i hear how the axe sounds unplugged for a few weeks so i can hear what needs accentuating or filling in but its cool to open discussion.

ok...ideas please....
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 07-03-2014, 08:13 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: sg stadard for slide

I have a 2007 SG Standard that came stock with the 490 set. The stock electronics in that guitar actually sounded pretty good; far better than (supposedly) the same models in longcat's LP. I first replaced them with a set of '59s and 500K pots, those have since been replaced with a set of Phat Cats.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

APH bridge maybe?
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I've played slide on everything. Any Gibson pickups that aren't ceramic will do the job IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X