Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Winter Set.

Gets a HUGE thumbs up from me!

I grabbed a set pretty cheap used on ebay. Initially I have to admit that I wasn't the biggest fan as I expected them to be far more saturated than they are but i'm really getting to dig the really dry tight sound of them. They kind of remind me of the prototype BKP aftermath I had before they made it all djent sounding.

Hopefully i'll get the chance to record some stuff this weekend.

Overall I must say that i'm very pleased as they've breathed new life into a guitar that was frustrating me by never sounding quite right.

And below you will find a pic with them installed that shows just how little this guitar has been played due to the frustration. Now that i'm feeling better about how it sounds i'm going to clean it up and fully rewire it with series/parallel switching and maybe a blower switch or something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Winters.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	5834131

EDIT: Actually i'm going to stick a tubescreamer in with a fixed tone/gain setting and have the third hole for the level control on a push pull of course.
    Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
    WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
    http://fret.boards.net

Re: Black Winter Set.

Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Comment

Re: Black Winter Set.

What type of body wood is that guitar made of? Is it fairly bright sounding?

Comment

Working...
      X