Need Help From Wiring Gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help From Wiring Gurus

I have a project I'm trying to complete with a 3 Dimarzio HB Ibanez. My aim is to have 3 mini-switches only where each switch will turn the respective pickup on in normal series, parallel and off. Can anyone enlighten me as to what kind of mini-switch I will need and how to wire it? Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Help From Wiring Gurus

Originally posted by Martian View Post
    I have a project I'm trying to complete with a 3 Dimarzio HB Ibanez. My aim is to have 3 mini-switches only where each switch will turn the respective pickup on in normal series, parallel and off. Can anyone enlighten me as to what kind of mini-switch I will need and how to wire it? Thanks in advance.
    Is it the inter-pickup combinations you want to connect in series/bypassed/parallel, or is it the individual humbuckers themselves that you want to have the series/bypass/parallel option? If it is the latter that you want, that can easily be attained with a set of three DPDT center-off switches. I can draw up a diagram for you; are the other controls just a master volume/tone?

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
      Is it the inter-pickup combinations you want to connect in series/bypassed/parallel, or is it the individual humbuckers themselves that you want to have the series/bypass/parallel option? If it is the latter that you want, that can easily be attained with a set of three DPDT center-off switches. I can draw up a diagram for you; are the other controls just a master volume/tone?
      It is the individual HBs to have the series/bypass/parallel option. Yes, it will have a master volume/tone.

Thank you SO MUCH!!

Comment

Here you are; the scanner cut off the edge of the diagram, but it just specifies the DPDT switches as On/Off/On. That's the only important information that got cut off.
        This should work, but I haven't tested it myself. Post back if you have any problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring Diagram.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	5779884

Comment

Again, many thanks, I really appreciate it!!

Comment

Working...
          X