Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question A2 Pro/S.Lover

Hi,
    After much reading, and the tone chart B/M/T being dissed a lot, it seems the A2 Pro looks a lot like the S.Lover, all things being equal. Anyone care to share any subjective difference in sound? (overwound Slash not in this equation)
    SJB

Re: quick question A2 Pro/S.Lover

Really?
    Not even a clever wise crack? Especially since I'm the guy who's always going on about how great my A5 S. Lover is?
    OK. Appreciate the read anyway.
    SJB

Comment

Two of my favorite Duncans. Both are well-balanced sets, which means the bridge is a little warmer and the neck is a little brighter (unlike PG's). Seth's have a more open 3D sound from being unpotted. Initially I didn't care for A2 PU's, my experience being with '57's and 490's, but once I finally tried Seth's and A2P's, I discovered that Seymour knows how to wind PU's to bring out the best in A2's. I haven't changed mags in my Seth's and A2P's.

There, now you have a response.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

IMO they are pretty far apart...

Sure they are both alnico 2 humbuckers but that is where the similarities end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I have an A2P set in my SG, and it will stay there for ever.
          LOVE those things.

I also have a Seth set . . . but i will only get a guitar for those units (realistically) by Feb/March next year, so i can not comment on those just yet.

And the Seth's will do into either a semi, or full hollow anyways.
          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Thanks gentleman.
            A little surprised at the difference between TGWIF and blueman335. But it is what makes a forum.
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
              Really?
              Not even a clever wise crack?
              I only own the Seths, so I can't compare with the A2. You might want to give it a few days for all the guys who have experience with your specific scenario to have a chance to circulate to this post and respond.

Comment

That's funny, because I have been dreaming about the hybrid of those two for around two weeks now.
                Last edited by Letus; 07-25-2014, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                  If they are close, a hybrid would seem redundant. However, tgwif thinks they are quite different animals, and he is a long time intellegent member.
                  Guess we'll see what posts pop up.
                  SJB

Comment

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
                    A little surprised at the difference between TGWIF and blueman335. But it is what makes a forum.
                    Seth's are pretty popular here, and the favorite PU for a few Duncan employees who are on this forum. TGWIF's reaction to it has not been like most people's. Like you say, that's what makes a forum. No one's going to be thrilled with everything.
                    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I love the seths but the aph is just ok. doesn't seem to have the same texture or complexity as the seth

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        I love the seths but the aph is just ok. doesn't seem to have the same texture or complexity as the seth
                        Good to know . . . as my Seth set will find a home in the first 1/4 of next year.

The contenders, fwiw :

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                          Good to know . . . as my Seth set will find a home in the first 1/4 of next year.

The contenders, fwiw :

All 3 are great choices for Seths.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                            All 3 are great choices for Seths.

Fantastic . . . thanks blueman.

Now i have to decide which one will my money go to 1st !

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                              Fantastic . . . thanks blueman.

Now i have to decide which one will my money go to 1st !
                              Which guitar would you play the most?

Comment

Working...
                              X