Pup change for a Samick Artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup change for a Samick Artist

Good Day All, picked up a Samick Artist in 2001 and because of work and travelling it has lain idle since then. Now retired I'm resurrecting it (and myself) to start playing again but the pickups are very poor through any of the amps I've tried (Marshal and Vox and an old Hohner). The action is fine, it is well balanced, neck is straight and true - no buzzing on any frets. I play mainly blues and some Dire Straits/Fleetwood Mac/CCR for good measure. Any suggestions for what to change the pups to will be very welcome. I'd also like to fit separate Vol and one tone control (advice sought)
    I contacted Samick with pics and serial No for them to identify the actual model and year of build but they can't/won't/don't reply.
    Pics attached if anyone can identify it. The tremolo arm for the Lloyd Rose unit is not fitted - I had to block it. When I changed the wire wound strings for a set of D'addario flat wound Jazz Light 11-50's I could not get the L/R unit to balance parallel to the body. It has only three springs and I think it needs five.
    Serial No is 1020836 Made in Korea.
    Thanks
    Keep them fingers flying

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1958.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	5834311Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1957.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	5834312