Aria Humbuckers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aria Humbuckers ?

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with these. The guitar is an old Aria jazz box, 2 humbuckers. They both work.
    My question concerns the cover/base-plate connection. The bridge pickup's cover is not attached and the neck's is held on with potting wax. By the way they are both wax potted.
    I plan on soldering them on unless someone has insight as to why I shouldn't. I am a little concerned about the covers dis-coloring if I heat them for soldering also.
    Any information or advice would help, and I thank you.

Re: Aria Humbuckers ?

I've taken off and throw'em in the garbage more of these kind of p'ups than any other brand, all combined.

Nothing in these p'ups is useable or worth even a second look.

You've been warned!

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
      I've taken off and throw'em in the garbage more of these kind of p'ups than any other brand, all combined.

Nothing in these p'ups is useable or worth even a second look.

You've been warned!
      Ha! Think I'll just glue them and send them home. The owner doesn't want to spend much on it. I kinda like the rest of the guitar. A shame, some Seth Lovers would go nicely with it.
      Thanks, Kojak

Comment

Originally posted by ajeffcote View Post
        Ha! Think I'll just glue them and send them home. The owner doesn't want to spend much on it. I kinda like the rest of the guitar. A shame, some Seth Lovers would go nicely with it.
        Thanks, Kojak
        He'll probably have serious problems with feedback if he'll play it louder than bedroom level.

This is my #1, in the oldest picture I have, just after I threw those useless p'ups (yes, it came just with those p'ups) and upgraded with good hardware components, including a Jazz bridge for the neck and a Custom 5.

I got a really good deal on it, as it was useless because of the feedback, even without gain.

That's how it looks today, with the Electric City Pickups RD-59 Hybrid set.

Well... consider yourself warned. Again!
        Last edited by LtKojak; 08-05-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
          He'll probably have serious problems with feedback if he'll play it louder than bedroom level.

This is my #1, in the oldest picture I have, just after I threw those useless p'ups (yes, it came just with those p'ups) and upgraded with good hardware components, including a Jazz bridge for the neck and a Custom 5.

I got a really good deal on it, as it was useless because of the feedback, even without gain.

That's how it looks today, with the Electric City Pickups RD-59 Hybrid set.

Well... consider yourself warned. Again!

Nice, Kojak! Looks great.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Pepe, just listening to Johnny Hiland demo-ing the RD59 set. Damn, it sounds good !!!!!

Comment

I have the RD 59's myself, in a Carvin SH550. Really nice pickups!
              About the Aria, I'm thinking of making the guy an offer. Very nice instrument, wonderful neck and I bet I can get a deal on it.

Comment

Originally posted by richard parker View Post
                Pepe, just listening to Johnny Hiland demo-ing the RD59 set. Damn, it sounds good !!!!!
                Hi Richard! Long time no see, stranger.

Anyway, those RD-59s REALLY are something special. No other p'up I've tried have their voicing; they're great on LPs, but on a semi-hollow they're just... sublime.

HTH,

Comment

Originally posted by ajeffcote View Post
                  I have the RD 59's myself, in a Carvin SH550. Really nice pickups!
                  About the Aria, I'm thinking of making the guy an offer. Very nice instrument, wonderful neck and I bet I can get a deal on it.
                  If it's a L-5CES copy, then just do it!!! That's how I got Gertrude; even though it's not in the same league as the Aria, anyway is an all-maple, solid carved top and back L5 CES copy that sounds wonderful once I got the right mag combo. As it inherently is a little bit boomy, an A3 Jazz neck took care of it, which it perfectly matches the A2 Jazz bridge, without ever losing the airy top and the articulation.

Go get'em Jeff!

Yours very truly,

Comment

Nice, Pepe.

To me, a semi always looks so much classier with covered pups.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                    X