gibson les paul deluxe pick-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gibson les paul deluxe pick-ups

i am not sure if i am posting this in th right place. i am wanting a gibson les paul with P-90 pick-ups. the re-issues r outta my range but i have ran across alot of deluxes that i can afford. my question is this. will a P-90 pick up fit in the cavity were the mini humbucker comes out or will i have to route it. i dont want to get a humbucker model just because i don't like the big "boo boo' rings to cover the big hole from a conversion. any help will be appreciated.

beer and strippers are proof that god wants us to be happy

Re: gibson les paul deluxe pick-ups

P-90s should fit fine, as the pickup rings for the minis are (were originally) retrofitted P-90 covers.

Comment

Originally posted by hellrider77
      i am not sure if i am posting this in th right place. i am wanting a gibson les paul with P-90 pick-ups. the re-issues r outta my range but i have ran across alot of deluxes that i can afford. my question is this. will a P-90 pick up fit in the cavity were the mini humbucker comes out or will i have to route it. i dont want to get a humbucker model just because i don't like the big "boo boo' rings to cover the big hole from a conversion. any help will be appreciated.

beer and strippers are proof that god wants us to be happy

Yeah, the P-90's will drop in without having to route out your cavities. Also, If you already have a humbucker equiped LP, you can drop in a set of Phat Cats. They're basically humbucker sized P-90's and they sound very, very good. I have a set of them in a, Epi Sheraton and they nail the sound I think of when I think of a P-90.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

When you're done, send those mini-humbuckers to me!
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Hellrider,

Hi. A P-90 will fit fine. I had a 69 Deluxe with minis and put in P-90's with no problem....Sure wish I had that guitar now The guitar will sound better, too. The Minis were a bit wimpy for my taste.

Jeff
          "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrec
            Hellrider,

Hi. A P-90 will fit fine. I had a 69 Deluxe with minis and put in P-90's with no problem....Sure wish I had that guitar now The guitar will sound better, too. The Minis were a bit wimpy for my taste.

Jeff
            I've never had that problem with the minis I've played. My dad's old 69 LP deluxe has minis and they still sound VERY strong. Maybe a bad set?

If you want a les paul type guitar with great craftsmanship built the same way you should check out Heritage guitars. They cost significantly less than comparable Gibsons and play considerably better. Besides, their made in Kalamazoo how could you go wrong?

Luke
            “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke
              I've never had that problem with the minis I've played. My dad's old 69 LP deluxe has minis and they still sound VERY strong. Maybe a bad set?

If you want a les paul type guitar with great craftsmanship built the same way you should check out Heritage guitars. They cost significantly less than comparable Gibsons and play considerably better. Besides, their made in Kalamazoo how could you go wrong?

Luke

Luke,

Sorry. I think I misspoke. I meant to say that they were more trebley than I liked. They were plenty loud, just too bright for my tastes, I guess.

Yes, you're right about Heritage. They make excellent guitars. I'm also a big fan of Hamer guitars. Love 'em to death!
              "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Working...
              X