banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a humbucker be modded to be permanently out of phase? Flipped Magnets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a humbucker be modded to be permanently out of phase? Flipped Magnets?

I have a used suhr humbucker that i installed. Same wiring colors as Seymour Duncan, and i I've done this a bunch of times before. Using the black as hot and green to ground with red and white together i got an out of phase sound. So i thought that was weird, but no biggie, they must have messed up the wire code. I then switched the black to ground and the green to hot, and got the same exact sound. WTF?? Can this be a magnet issue?

The individual coils measure in at 6.4 kohm, and the humbucker measures at 12.8 kohm.

Re: Can a humbucker be modded to be permanently out of phase? Flipped Magnets?

Originally posted by pmadairy View Post
    I have a used suhr humbucker that i installed. Same wiring colors as Seymour Duncan, and i I've done this a bunch of times before. Using the black as hot and green to ground with red and white together i got an out of phase sound. So i thought that was weird, but no biggie, they must have messed up the wire code. I then switched the black to ground and the green to hot, and got the same exact sound. WTF?? Can this be a magnet issue?

The individual coils measure in at 6.4 kohm, and the humbucker measures at 12.8 kohm.

It sounds out of phase by it's self? Or with the other hum bucker?

Comment

Working...
    X