Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil taping with a 3PDT ON/Off/On toggle

Hey

I'm trying to find some instructions on how to install a coil tapping that will give me all the options as this guitar here http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...142&color=CL01
    but will also let me have all the pickups on at once, I was told to get a 3PDT toggle switch but not how to install it so if anyone can help me I would be very grateful

Thank you

P.S. This is the wiring tosin_abasi_custom.pdf

Re: Coil taping with a 3PDT ON/Off/On toggle

Welcome to the forum!

I don't see how you'll get there without the same 5-way super switch and DPDT shown in the diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

I don't see how you'll get there without the same 5-way super switch and DPDT shown in the diagram.
      I have my guitar set up with that wiring at the moment

Comment

If you get three 3p3t switches you can bypass the 5way all together and will actually make you guitar better. With a 5way you can only play bridge,bridge/middle,middle,middle/neck,and neck. Without the 5way you can wire each pup to its own switch and actually since your middle is already single you don't even have to split it just turn it on. Wire each pup to it's first 2 prongs the way you would wire a standard humbucker(two wires tied not connected) and a wire from the + to your tone knob. To split it all but the one positive go to ground. Find out from pup maker. Install someseymours on there. Anyway with switch flicked towards pups make it regular,with switch in middle the pup is off and with your switch flicked up have all wires but either the red or green soldered to same side of switch as your other ground solder now after u figure out which coil you want to use eg. either green or red wire. I'd pick the wire that activates the coil closest to the middle and attach wire to tone knob to that wire as well. On the bridge pup when you tap activate the coil closest to middle too except don't hook tone knob up to that cause Fender don't give you enough. The sweetest most important pup on your guitar is the middle one make sure you hook a .22uf cap to that one. Gibson is really missing out lmao. Anyway it's an easy mod on a Fender couple drill holes in plastic for switches.
        Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk900 View Post
          If you get three 3p3t switches you can bypass the 5way all together and will actually make you guitar better. With a 5way you can only play bridge,bridge/middle,middle,middle/neck,and neck. Without the 5way you can wire each pup to its own switch and actually since your middle is already single you don't even have to split it just turn it on. Wire each pup to it's first 2 prongs the way you would wire a standard humbucker(two wires tied not connected) and a wire from the + to your tone knob. To split it all but the one positive go to ground. Find out from pup maker. Install someseymours on there. Anyway with switch flicked towards pups make it regular,with switch in middle the pup is off and with your switch flicked up have all wires but either the red or green soldered to same side of switch as your other ground solder now after u figure out which coil you want to use eg. either green or red wire. I'd pick the wire that activates the coil closest to the middle and attach wire to tone knob to that wire as well. On the bridge pup when you tap activate the coil closest to middle too except don't hook tone knob up to that cause Fender don't give you enough. The sweetest most important pup on your guitar is the middle one make sure you hook a .22uf cap to that one. Gibson is really missing out lmao. Anyway it's an easy mod on a Fender couple drill holes in plastic for switches.
          Have fun.
          I'm really just wanting to do it the way I was talking about but I'll keep this in mind if I want to try something new thank you

Comment

Originally posted by hawk900 View Post
            Have fun.
            If English is not your primary language I apologize, but...

OMG, it's hard to understand what you're saying...it's hard just to get through reading your post. Punctuation goes a long way (periods, commas, capitalization, etc.).
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X