DeArmond pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeArmond pickups

I have these old battered up DeArmond parts at hand.. They include the pickups of this Indonesian made singlecut, the M-65C or something..

I was wondering if these are just cheap Indonesian made copies of the original DA pu's.. I've heard good stuff about them, but somehow I feel these won't be the best pickups out there.. I might have to give them a spin in my SG, when it arrives.

Anyone else have any experience on any DeArmond pickups? Or the models made in Indonesia?
    Ebay quote :"..Everything was glued together, and I have not had any problem with playability, my tech says it's gonna hold up good.."

Re: DeArmond pickups

i know the korean made guitars had usa pickups, don't know much about the indonesian models. try them out and see how they sound. i liked the single coils i had in my DeArmond.
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Well, since I have my computer's suond system up and running, I might post a few clips if I put them in my SG.. so if anyone has any other DA pickups, we can do a little comparsion..
      Ebay quote :"..Everything was glued together, and I have not had any problem with playability, my tech says it's gonna hold up good.."

Comment

The DeArmond USA Goldtones sound great...kinda like a cross between a Filtertron and a Duncan 59. I must admit, I like the neck pickup a lot, while the bridge is good, but slightly bright. Just the word 'Indonesia' scares me, so I wouldn't expect much from them, but ya never know till you try them in something.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

hey joneser let me know if you run across a dearmond m70. it is a flat topped model with goldtones. i would really like to have one of those
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
          X