Triple Shot mounting rings on a LP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Shot mounting rings on a LP?

I bought two Triple Shot (LP, arch top) mounting rings on a final sale and just realized I purchased two neck ring mounts (purchased two years ago, just now getting around to a project) Too late to return or exchange.

Q- Will I be able to use a neck TS ring mount in the bridge position?

Re: Triple Shot mounting rings on a LP?

Isn't it just a matter of the height?

Sent from my armored space station via iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes

Comment

Shorter springs?

Sent from my armored space station via iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rexx View Post
          Will I be able to use a neck TS ring mount in the bridge position?
          Possibly, yes.
          Anyway, keep in mind that the stock LP rings have different shapes to match the curvature of the arched top in that particular spot, which would cause the neck ring in the bridge spot to lean toward the bridge (whereas a standard installation is roughly parallel to the strings).
          As I said, I don't see any mechanical impediment, but you would end up with almost the whole height of the pickup exposed over the rim of the ring (provided you use really short springs, since those for the standard bridge slot are already shorter than their neck counterparts) and with the screw coil significantly lower than the stud coil, which could cause some alteration in the magnetic field compared to a standard installation.

Andrea
          It's high time that you find the same people you walked on on your way up you might meet up on your way down - Allen Toussaint

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, instead of being cheap I decided to buy the TS bridge mounting ring.
            That'll take care of that.

Comment

Working...
            X