Parker Nitefly pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker Nitefly pickups?

Okay here's the deal. My nitefly has those dimarzio "custom wounds" in there. SSH config. They sound pretty damn good. The singles are pretty amazing but the bridge sounds thin and wimpy compared to what I'm used to. I would probably just swap that bridge bucker out. It's a Bolt on with swamp ash body and stainless frets. It's a pretty bright sounding guitar. The other thing is I don't like combining pickups from different manufacturers on the same guitar, for some reason they just don't seem to "mesh" well if you do that. Also, I noticed the bridge bucker isn't F spaced because the bass strings offset the pole pieces by enough to probably weaken the bass response which is where it's lacking the most. With that said, Can you guys recommend a Dimarzio bridge bucker to me that'll fatten her up and sound real sweet? I was thinking Tone Zone but I don't have much experience with Dimarzios. OR, can you guys recommend to me some really good sounding SD singles to maybe match with a JB bridge? I like to use vintage sounding singles, good output, but still chimey and real nice quack for in between positions and funk playing.

Also, does anyone know what value pots are in the Parker Nitefly SA? I looked at them and there were no markings on the pots at all.

Re: Parker Nitefly pickups?

on second thought, upon playing her a little more, those singles could be fattened a little too. I'm also concerned about messing with how well the magnetic and piezo pickups blend together now also.

Comment

nobody?

Comment

Well, there's only a few types of pu's that will fit your guitar I think. You have to go to Dimarzio's site to find out which ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ls1ashley
          Well, there's only a few types of pu's that will fit your guitar I think. You have to go to Dimarzio's site to find out which ones.
          Any F-spaced one by Duncan or Dimarzio will fit, that I know.

Comment

I remember a few people mentioning Pickup swaps on Parker Nightflys in the reviews on www.harmony-central.com

Take a look to get some ideas for research. Just seach Parker Nightfly and read the reviews. Good luck.
            GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
            KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Working...
            X