No announcement yet.

Pickups to compliment SH15 and/or SH6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups to compliment SH15 and/or SH6?

SDForum!

Hey, All. First time post...

I have a pair of Yamaha "tele" guitars -- alder body/maple neck/humbuckers.
    Changed the pickups: one has a Distortion set, the other has an Alternative-8 bridge/Jazz neck combo.

Just recently acquired ANOTHER of these guitars, same construction, older model.
    Going to swap out the stocks as I'm looking to find a similar-yet-different set to compliment the Distortion (ceramic).
    Really, I'd like to find something that would compliment the Alternative-8 (AlNiCo-VIII) sound, but it appears to be a different animal.

Might change it up eventually, but my guitars are currently tuned C-c (not "drop").
    I play whatever comes out, which tends to be heavy, although I DO fall off of the wagon occasionally.

I would prefer to stay with a passive system.

Thoughts?

Cheers, All!
    -Dan

Re: Pickups to compliment SH15 and/or SH6?

I'd recommend the Sentient/Nazgul set. That set sounds great for heavy stuff, and stays nice and tight for lower tunings. The Sentient is fantastic for cleans, kind of like a blend of the '59 and Jazz.

You might look into the Black Winter set also. They will be a bit brighter, and can get a little more saturated sounding compared to the Nazgul. Cleans aren't quite as good compared to the Sentient in the neck.

Comment

I've got an DistortionA4n/Alt8 set in an agathis Ibanez. Heavy but very nice clean.

Comment

What about the SH15 sound, unless those you mentioned would be comparable?

Comment

Winter in the bridge, Sentient in the neck ... perhaps?

Comment

Working...
          X