can't find a wiring diagram....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't find a wiring diagram....

i've been looking for a wiring diagram (i'll be usuing 2 duncans) for the setup i want...i need a diagram for 2 hums with 1 volume, 1 tone and a 5 way switch. i want the switching to be this...

1. full bridge
    2. split bridge (coil closest to bridge)
    3. full bridge and neck
    4. split neck (coil closest to neck)
    5. full neck

does anyone have a diagram for this that would work for duncans? i can't seem to find one...

or could someone modify this diagram for my switching needs if it would work...

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

thanks a bunch!!!!

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Re: can't find a wiring diagram....

Hey Mike; someone asked about this same thing quite some time ago. I know I dealt with it in some manner, but can't remember off the top of my head. I was just getting ready to hit the rack when I saw your post.

Tomorrow, I'll look through all my notes and diagrams and see what I can find. I remember that there was some trick to doing this, I just can't remember what it was. Might have required a super-switch. I'll see.

btw - positions 1,2, 4, and 5 are simple. Its that #3 with a standard 5-way thats tricky. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

third position wont work from what he told me, but i never used it before anyway.
      Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
      Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
      Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
      Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
      Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

artie, that would be great if you can give me some sort of diagram for a regular strat switch as to what colors go to what pole on the switch. if it has to be...

1.bridge
        2.bridge split (coil closest to bridge)
        3.Kill switch (nothing on)
        4.neck split (coil closest to neck)
        5.neck

i'm fine with that too...actually a kill switch middle would be good for me since i never use the middle both pickup on combo anyway since i use odd combos of pickups..i like a real hot bridge pickup but a vintage neck sound and they don't mesh too well when on together anyway. s if you have a diagram for my above mentioned combo that would be perfect!! unless you know how to wire my origional request with a mega switch, then i'll just get one of those. either or would be fine! thanks!

suislidE03: i checked your post...thanks only problem is i'll be usuing a regular strat style switch not the 12300123 style import switch.

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Mike: using a standard Strat switch won't cause any problems. It, and suislidE03's switch, are identical electrically. Just one has terminals in-a-row, and the other is side-by-side.

suislidE03: I believe I may have left you hanging on that other post. Sorry about that. I'll look at it again, and see what needs to be done.

Just getting ready to head out to work. I'll look at both of these as soon as I get home.

Artie

Comment

Yea i dont remember the lead numbers on a strat switch.. i couldnt use one because my jackson is carved thinner than most guitars and the fenders stuck out almost a quarter inch out of the cavity lol
            Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)

Comment

bump

Comment

any update Artie?? thanks

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

That diagram is already here somewhere in the forum - I just can't remember where.

I'll be home in about an hour. If I don't find it by then, I'll just repost it here.

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE
                    artie, that would be great if you can give me some sort of diagram for a regular strat switch as to what colors go to what pole on the switch.
                    This is the 5-way diagram I'm going to be putting up on my "Guitar Electronics" webpage, if I ever get it done:

(Click image for full-size.)

Originally posted by XSSIVE
                    if it has to be...

1.bridge
                    2.bridge split (coil closest to bridge)
                    3.Kill switch (nothing on)
                    4.neck split (coil closest to neck)
                    5.neck

i'm fine with that too...actually a kill switch middle would be good for me since i never use the middle both pickup on combo anyway since i use odd combos of pickups..
                    -Mike
                    Ok, this should do what you want:

(Click image for full-size version.)

The two blue arrows connect together. I just didn't want to make the diagram any harder to read, by having too many crossed wires.

Let me know if this does the trick.

Oh yeah . . . and one more thing: The little ground connection that goes between the two red wires, on the right hand side of the 5-way, connect that to the right hand terminal of the volume control, if you prefer to split to the screw coils instead of the stud coils.
                    Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-03-2005, 03:58 PM.

Comment

thanks so much Artie that will work perfect!! i'll drop you a line and let you know how it went when the new pickups and pickguard get here for the strat.

-Mike
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
                      X