piezo pickup in a strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piezo pickup in a strat

I bought a piezo pickup and put it in my strat. It only works with the electronic pickups on. Is there another way I should wire it? Or is there a cable were I can connect to a single stereo to a single mono? I don't think i want to make another output . Please help

Re: piezo pickup in a strat

Not enough info, can you describe your Strat as it currently is? What does it have in it? What are the controls configured to do?

Comment

Re: piezo pickup in a strat

Originally posted by valdezcustoms View Post
      I bought a piezo pickup and put it in my strat. It only works with the electronic pickups on. Is there another way I should wire it? Or is there a cable were I can connect to a single stereo to a single mono? I don't think i want to make another output . Please help
      Theoretically you could wire the magnetic and piezo pickup to a stereo jack and then use a stereo cable to go to a splitter box which will break the signal into two separate mono outs. Wiring this isn't very complicated, however they will share a common ground which might cause ground noise. There are also some onboard preamps where you can mix the signals.

Splitter Box Schematic
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	5780712

Guitar Jack Wiring
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	5780713
      Last edited by idsnowdog; 08-30-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X