Need help Replacing stock strat Pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Replacing stock strat Pups

I have a AM Fender Fat Strat. I am removing all the stock pups and replacing them. I just purchased 2 SHR-1's for the neck and middle. Now I need a hot dual coil bridge pup. My concern is getting 1 that is compatible with the 2 stacked hot rails. Also is their a certain way it needs to be set to keep it compatible ? Sorry for the nub questions. Although I have been playing for a long time, I owned the same Gibsons for years and never had a need to replace the pups But I tell ya these single coil Fender noiseless pups have the balls of a fly. The dual coil in the bridge is not bad but I doubt it will "get along" with the 2 hot rails I am slapping in their so any help will be most appreciated. TIA
    Last edited by Mistreated; 09-03-2014, 10:17 PM.

Re: Need help Replacing stock strat Pups

JB
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Hey thx for the input 175

Comment

Any other thoughts on what would go good with a hot rail both in the neck and the mid position ? My strat is HSS (fat strat). since i am rather new at installing pups I want to stay with SD. I don't need any phase or large volume issues.
        More input would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Yeah, JB, or a Custom if you want more aggression.

Comment

Working...
          X