Please, post a picture of a Spin-A-Split circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, post a picture of a Spin-A-Split circuit

Please, somebody post a picture of an actual Spin-A-Split circuit.

Somebody please..?

Or at least a schematic of it?

I'm certain it's not rocket science... however, this morning my old, tired brain is having difficulty to picture it.

Pretty please..?
    Last edited by LtKojak; 09-06-2014, 03:36 AM.

Re: Please, post a picture of a Spin-A-Split circuit

Well... I've found two diagrams, but not the one I'm looking for, which is 2 HBs, 1 volume, 1 tone, 50s wiring, Spin-a-split only on the neck p'up.

This is a custom job, isn't it?

Artie Too? Hermetico?

Anybody?

Comment

This is probably the one you have, but it's the only one I know of. (Except my own.)

spin-a-split

For two HB'ers, you'd need two pots or one dual-pot. You can't split two HB'ers with one pot.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        You can't split two HB'ers with one pot.
        I know, that's why I'm specifying the Spin-A-Split on the NECK P'UP ONLY. Plus, I need the tone control.

For somebody that knows what he's doing, it shouldn't be that hard. As I unfortunately don't belong to that category, I need some help.

It's a '50s modded 2 HB w/Master Vol and Master Tone, just adding the Spin-A-Split mod to the neck p'up only.

Would you give it a go, Artie? No pressure. Just when you feel like it... pretty please...?

Comment

This is probably the one you have, but it's the only one I know of.
          That's the one I use. I've put wired a lot of my neck HB's that way. Only takes a couple minutes, and no parts, to do it.

For single lead HB's, I came up with a short cut, so they don't have to be rewired for 4 lead. I connect a solitary wire to the solder point connecting the two coils together and run it thru the guitar to the spin-a-split pot; that's your red and white wires, they're just combined.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
            Would you give it a go, Artie? No pressure. Just when you feel like it... pretty please...?
            No prob man . . . but, I'm working a 72-hour week 'til the end of the month. If there's no rush, I can cover it.

Artie

Comment

I know, that's why I'm specifying the Spin-A-Split on the NECK P'UP ONLY. Plus, I need the tone control.
              You say your guitar is master vol/master tone, that's two pots, but you want to add a spin a split while keeping the tone control, so that would mean adding a third pot?

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
                You say your guitar is master vol/master tone, that's two pots, but you want to add a spin a split while keeping the tone control, so that would mean adding a third pot?
                Actually, Peavey did exactly this with their old T-60. That is, combined the tone control with the spin-a-split.

Gimme a sec, I'll try to find the diagram.

Edit: Ok, here it is. You have to look at this closely:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tone-to-split.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	5780768

As you roll the tone back, you simultaneously, split the the pup. It worked, they say, but I've never actually heard one. YMMV.

Edit-2: Note also, you're seeing one vol/tone/pup of a 2-pup guitar. That's why it uses the "50's" wiring on the volume pot.
                Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-06-2014, 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That's pretty cool. I wonder if a 1M pot works better for that.

Comment

That's pretty cool. I wonder if a 1M pot works better for that.
                    That was my first thought when I saw this circuit. Film at eleven.

Comment

Well... I've found two diagrams, but not the one I'm looking for, which is 2 HBs, 1 volume, 1 tone, 50s wiring, Spin-a-split only on the neck p'up.
                      FWIW - this is my take on it. Someone else can check me.

Last edited by beaubrummels; 09-07-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Well... as I haven't explained: all my 2 HB guitars with four pots are wired '50s modded Master Volume and Master tone; the other two are just there for cosmetic purposes only.

So, in my case, adding the spin-a-split is doing something useful with one of the pots. And yes, I do too think that the first pot value to try to do this is the 1 MB.

I need to get the diagram right, as it'll be going in a semi-hollow and we all know how FUN those are to install harnesses, don't we? *sigh*

Comment

Pepe, drop me a mail with details.
                          I will send you a diagram.
                          Unfortunately, I cannot attach any picture from my computer, since my re-entree.
                          You could hung it later, if you wanted.
                          My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
                          My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

This is a custom job, isn't it?

Artie Too? Hermetico?

Anybody?
                            I guess you wanted just '50s tone mod here.

Comment

Actually, Peavey did exactly this with their old T-60. That is, combined the tone control with the spin-a-split.

Gimme a sec, I'll try to find the diagram.

Edit: Ok, here it is. You have to look at this closely:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57117[/ATTACH]

As you roll the tone back, you simultaneously, split the the pup. It worked, they say, but I've never actually heard one. YMMV.

Edit-2: Note also, you're seeing one vol/tone/pup of a 2-pup guitar. That's why it uses the "50's" wiring on the volume pot.
                              I would probably go with 1 MOhm pot and a 0.015 mf (15 nF, 15000 pF, 15K EU, 153 USA) cap for neck pickup.
                              As you roll in the tone, you split and darken the tone. Probably ok during first dial positions but, can it be too much at final split positions?. And, you will be never able to achieve an open split position.
                              Anyhow, interesting idea.

Did you think on the possibility of doing this with an stacked pot?.

Comment

Working...
                              X