banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invader VS Duncan Distortion modern Hard rock (poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Invader VS Duncan Distortion modern Hard rock (poll)

Originally posted by dominus View Post
    Some guy on here made a replica of the white V and called the Duncan custom shop to see if they had any records of making pickups for Hetfield (they did, dating back to a few months before the band left for NY to record). Kill 'em All was recorded with custom Duncans, the bridge was some variation of the JB/Holdsworth model.

I've also seen pictures of them recording Master of Puppets, there was no Invader in his Explorer. There is photo evidence of it (I had that poster in High School), but I don't think the Invader stayed in the white V very long.

Look a little closer, I don't think he's using the Invader in the '**** Off t-shirt' photo.

Comment

I would seriously consider the alternative 8

Comment

From what I've seen of the old pics from that era, the bridge pickup had all fillister screws. I've always believed Kirk did use a Distortion bridge and neck in his V before going active.

Comment

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
          From what I've seen of the old pics from that era, the bridge pickup had all fillister screws. I've always believed Kirk did use a Distortion bridge and neck in his V before going active.
          It's hard to know what Kirk used because James did all the rhythm guitars on the albums. Kirk has said that the flying V he used for the solo Fade to Black had a Gibson neck pickup (for that cool neck pickup + fully cocked wah sound).

No idea why I remember this nonsense.

Comment

What are you calling "Modern Hard Rock" ?

Comment

I always find the 85 a bit dark, but that might work really well with your Marshall. Since that is the case, the Invader would be the way to go. In fact, an Invader (bridge) and Distortion (neck) pair might compliment nicely against a guitar with an 85 bridge and an 81 neck.

Comment

I have both the emg's and an invader. The emg's are in a mahagony neck thru RG and I find them to be good but crap sustain at low amp volume. The Invader is in my MIM Strat Tom Delonge model. Volume no tone, and it sounds amazing. The Invader gets a bit train wrecky at times and doesn't clean up all that well but as distortion pickups go it's a total power house. I have not tried the SD SD, but I getting ready to replace the emg bridge pickup with a SD ahb-3 Blackout. That may be an alternate option for you as well...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mudger View Post
                  I have not tried the SD SD,
                  What is a SD SD?
                  "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                  you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
                  X