banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Winter 7-string Pup's for Ibanez RG7???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Winter 7-string Pup's for Ibanez RG7???

I want to get pick ups for my RG7 and I want some suggestions. I heard about the Black Winter 7's and i've seen a demo done by Keith Merrow with the Black Winter 7's but i see most people using the 6 string versions. Now every since watching Ola Englund do this thing its made me want to pick up my 7 string more but the stock pick ups sound like mud, now either its my settings on my Mesa cuz I'm not familiar with plugging in a sound for a 7 string or its the pick ups. Im just looking for suggestions for good 7 string pick ups for the Ibanez RG or if anyone has better suggestions for pick ups to get that Ola Englund/ Keith Merrow sound?

Re: Black Winter 7-string Pup's for Ibanez RG7???

the black winter 7's are great but that being said a good high gain amp with a good noise gate and an od808 will get you 90% of the way there and are more integral to that sound. Spend some time dialing the mesa... which model is it? and i can give you some suggestions on things to try.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I've got a Mesa Dual Rectifier Roadster combo 2x12, for noise gate I have the MXR smart gate and the od I use is a TS-9

Comment

Hrmmm... the roadster isnt a particularly tight amp... it sounds nice but it can be a bit finicky... the 2x12 open back cab and being a rectifier its just an uphill battle to try and get a tight sound from it... if you havent.. try this gain about 3 oclock your treble at about 2 oclock, mid half at the most, bass low like 9 oclock maybe even less, presc around 1 or 2 oclock... run it in modern mode with diodes and 100 watt. Use full power not spongy... run your TS with the gain either off or maybe at the most just a notch with the level up all the way.

Give that a shot if you havent. black winters will be an upgrade the stock ibby pups are meh... but you might need more than just pups to get you where you want to go.
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
        X