banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Duncan Custom or Duncan Pegasus 6 in my Epiphone Les Paul Custom??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Duncan Custom or Duncan Pegasus 6 in my Epiphone Les Paul Custom??????

For a while, i have had a Seymour Duncan Distortion in my Epi Les Paul Custom Tuned to drop C and never liked the tone. It had a fizzy sound which didn't give the note definition and balanced sound i wanted. What i am looking for in the bridge pickup is something that will give me...

1. Amazing note clarity and definition (play 6 string chords under Mesa Boogie High Gain)
    2. Something that is very smooth and balanced sounding distortion
    3. Singing leads
    4. Tight thumping and great low mids
    5. dynamic

I guess you can say i really want the John Petrucci Crunch Lab but i found that pickup had too much bass and became muddy in my LP and wasn't tight enough. (Probably cause of the really thick mahogany body of the LP and because the Crunch Lab is made for Basswood. But the Crunch lab sounds amazing in my PRS SE Custom 24).

I hear alot about the Custom being great for Les Pauls for this kind of thing but when i read more about the new Pegasus 6, I am also considering that too. Which would work best in the LP?

P.S. I mainly play Modern hard rock/metal like Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, KSE, and Progressive metal like Dream Theater, Opeth, Animals as Leaders, Tool and even some smooth classic Carlos Santana stuff.

Re: A Duncan Custom or Duncan Pegasus 6 in my Epiphone Les Paul Custom??????

I play a lot of Tool and I think that the Duncan Custom is a decent choice if you're unhappy with the Distortion and unwilling to try the JB.

I put the Custom in my Ibanez artist (similar construction) and wasn't thrilled until I swapped an Alnico 8 magnet into it.
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Working...
    X