banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alternative to the carvin guitar electronics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternative to the carvin guitar electronics?

hey guys,

so some time agothe jason becker tribute guitar from Carvin and i realy want this guitar but cant afford it in the next years.
    So i will guy in the next month a Jackosn sl2q pro (the cloest guitar of wood, look and neck etc.) and change it with the Jason Becker signature pickups.
    But the Carvin have something very unique: the eletronics
    here a overview : http://www.carvinservice.com/crg/man...assiveguit.pdf

is there an alternative or a wa to copy it?

Re: alternative to the carvin guitar electronics?

would need to figure out what preamp they are using. If its something they made in house you could inquire with them about purchasing it no idea if they would sell it separate though. But never hurts to ask.

Copying wouldnt be feasible with passive electronics and the cost to have someone make you a one off active unit im sure is more than you would want to spend. There might be soemthing else similar on the market im not 100% familiar with all the preamps out there, Carvin might even be sourcing from someone. I would say start with Carvin if you cant get it from them start scouring ebay for someone parting out a Carvin they use the same electronics in more than just the Jason Becker Sig.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Re: alternative to the carvin guitar electronics?

You can buy these directly from Carvin.

No guessing necessary.
      MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
      Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Working...
      X