Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Wolfgang bridge pickup in strat.

Hi,
    Just joined forum. Looking for some input / help with something.
    I purchased an EVH Wolfgang bridge pickup to install in my strat. I have a basic strat, 5-way switch, no push/pull, 2 single coils w/ now dual coil in bridge. Wiring diagram shows how to install in a Wolfgang only, 2 dual coils, 3 way switch. No other options. Not sure who makes this pickup. I was looking at SD diagrams, but not sure if SD color codes are the same as EVH.

Re: EVH Wolfgang bridge pickup in strat.

Made by Fender, not sure about FMIC vs Seymour codes though?
    Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
    Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
    Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
    Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Re: EVH Wolfgang bridge pickup in strat.

It's my understanding that this pick up comes pre-wired for Humbucker only mode. The 'hot' wire on the diagram that you have for the 3 way switch will be the one that replaces your hot wire for the single coil you're replacing. If you don't have test mags or electrical test equipment the best way to do it is wire it this way and see if you sound good on the bridge/middle combo which is the only place phase should be an issue (unless you have blend pots,etc). If you're getting a thin nasal sound on Bridge/middle when selected together reverse the hot/ground wires for the Wolfgang.
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
      X