Replacing Gibson Quick Connect to install Alnico2ProSlash on a LPJ-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Gibson Quick Connect to install Alnico2ProSlash on a LPJ-2014

Ok guys i need help, i have been doing research in this issue in forums youtube etc but i dont find anything in this particular case other than the standard information about wiring. Here's the problem, i want to install the sClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4340.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	5834717Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4339.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	5834718Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4338.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	5834719Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4337.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	5834720Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4336.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	5834721Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4335.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	5834722eymour duncan alnico II pro slash humbuckers on my Gibson LPJ 2014, but this guitar comes with the new Quick Connect System to plug and unplug more easy your pickups, but the pickups that i want to install (Alnico II Pro Slash) dont come with this system, dont have the connectors for this system, this pickups to place them you have to solder in the old way. I already do this 2 years ago with a Epiphone LP Standar and i know what im talking about, but the thing is that in this case to place this pickups i have to swaap the new system, buy new pots, caps and rewired the entire thing.

Here is where i need help: what kind of caps and pots do i need to buy and were? what to do with the ground silver cable from the bridge (see the photos) and i need some advice from people who know about this, things that maybe i missing here, i need a complete advice like if you are doing this on your own guitar. thank you very much i hope you understain my english cuz' its not my native lenguage.

Re: Replacing Gibson Quick Connect to install Alnico2ProSlash on a LPJ-2014

First thing I'd look at is just getting some connectors. A guy on the MyLesPaul forums found it.

Or I'd clip about 1" off the existing leads, strip the wires back and solder my new pickups on to the existing connectors.

Comment

I ran into the same problem with my 2012 LP STUDIO. I replaced every thing .
      http://darrenriley.com/ this is the best place for pricing and service.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

500K POTS AUDIO TAPER JUST GET THE GIBSONS AND CAPS .22 UF I USE OIL AND PAPER BUT THE GIBSON BUMBLE BEES WORKS WELL BUT AR A LITTLE EXPENSIVE.
        STLL DARREN RILEY IS THE BEST

Comment

Working...
        X