Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Placement...

Hey,

I'm in the process of my first re-finish project, and I'm curious about something. I've got an HSH Strat-style and am wondering about placement of pickups.

Specifically, I have two humbuckers picked out, but they are both bridge humbuckers; and I've got my eye on a Hot Rails-neck for the middle. Does it matter if I get a bridge or neck for the middle? Are the humbuckers interchangeable between neck and bridge? Would there be any functionality problems?

Sorry if this seems a rather elementary question. I'm the kind of guy who prepares for the worst so the best will happen.

Thanks for any insight you guys can offer!

Re: Pickup Placement...

Well, i dont know about the middle pickup. But i know that ususally the bridge pickups have higher output than neck, so it would be a little pointless(anyone correct me if im wrong here) so the neck pickup is recomended for the neck, but you can but bridge pickups in both neck and bridge.
    Filip Naja.

Comment

With the Hot Rails specifically, the bridge model is significantly hotter than the neck/middle model. I would strongly recommend the neck model (often referred to as the neck/middle model)

Comment

Thanks, both of you. I'm gonna check out a different bridge pickup. The Hot Rails will fit in good, I think--neck version, it is. I definitely appreciate the input.

Comment

As far as the buckers go, it depends upon the model and the output...some bridge models work great in the neck and some just produce mud.

Similar for the middle position, but generally a neck model sounds best in the middle.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
          X