500K Ohm Long Shaft Linear Taper Push/Pull Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500K Ohm Long Shaft Linear Taper Push/Pull Pot

I'm a lefty and I am currently working on wiring my Les Paul. I want to split the coils in my PUPs. I have found 500K reverse audio taper pots in long shaft that will fit my Lefty Les Paul. But, I don't see where anyone makes reverse audio taper push/pull pots. I am putting the push/pull pots on the tone controls so I am looking for them in linear taper. I have found short shaft linear taper made by Alpha but have not had any luck finding them in long shaft.
    I really don't want to have to drill out my pot holes if possible.
    Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a linear taper long shaft push/pull pot? Or, has anyone ever tried taking a pot apart and rebuilding one? I was wondering if I could use the long shafts from an audio taper Alpha push/pull and put them in the linear taper pots and have a long shaft linear taper pot.
    Any recommendations are really appreciated.
    Thanks,
    BA

Re: 500K Ohm Long Shaft Linear Taper Push/Pull Pot

I had the same problem but all that could be found for linear taper were push-push in long shaft, which I am considering as it's all there is on the market. The only other option would be to improvise switches on the pickguard, pickup surrounds, or somewhere else, and use normal long shaft pots in the control cavity.

I do not recommend disassembling and cobbling together a pot. The metal on those doesn't withstand being bent multiple times for assembly. You will end up with a completely unreliable pot.

Comment

Re: 500K Ohm Long Shaft Linear Taper Push/Pull Pot

Maybe just bite the bullet and put a regular, righty pot with a righty knob and it may look a little strange but it will get the job done!
      Speak through your fingers. Let your heart play, not your mind.

Comment

Working...
      X